Monday, July 23, 2007

A taste of the future?

Last night, I drove out to Athens with my buddy Aaron to visit the Snows. (That's Matt and Cindy Snow, née Lo!) The event: Ka-ra-okay!

We got a private room for the low, low cost of $40/hour (though free to me), and the festivities were grand, to say the least.

Highlights of the night include Mr. Big's "To Be With You," which Cindy sang with adolescent glee, finally hearing Matt sing (he's a dead-ringer for his main man J.B. Jovi), and Aaron's baritonian rendition of the Beach Boys' "Kokomo." Because, after all, that's where we want to go.

I saké bombed (twice) and got the cute, partially-Japanese (?) waitress' phone number. Wait, no I didn't.

If this is a sign of things to come, I welcome the incoming flood.

2 comments:

JL said...

I like where this is going. Yes, yes, I like it very much. Did you at least get her gmail?

genki_wave said...

Great times. Matt and I are even more nostalgic now for days and nights filled with nothing but Japanese beer, food, karaoke, and jolly folk. (He wasn't kidding when he said he was going to check your blog EVERY DAY. We are so living vicariously through you for the next year.) This was indeed a mere taste of the fun that is heading your way!