Saturday, July 21, 2007

But it has my name in it!


It has quickly come to my attention that the title of this blog could easily be read as "Loin Translation." I welcome the misinterpretation, though the content to follow will hopefully dispel the notion.

Yesterday, in a weak attempt to immerse myself in something Japanese, I watched Letters From Iwo Jima. I realized I am not a huge fan of war movies. Pleasantly, I could pick out a few words here and there. SPOILER: To save face, Japanese soldiers committed suicide when the battle was lost. I do not yet know how I feel about this.

I am told that, at the end of my stay in Japan, I will bring back double what I originally brought. I will attempt to pack all that I need into a large suitcase and a backpack carry-on. Let's see how minimal I can be.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And who brought it to your attention that your blog name could be read as "Loin Translation"? Give credit where credit's due, Kevin.

Lo said...

fine, fine. it was rachel meadows, princess of the world.

Unknown said...

Damn straight!