Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I bet you think this post is about you, don't you?

What follows might only appeal to two people who read this blog. One of them is Jon Levin and the other one does not read this blog.


This is the Japanese translation of "Favorite Song," a song we wrote together in college. It's Jon's favorite song of ours. I find the lyrics (my own) a tad trite, though when translated into Japanese, it will cause a high school senior to cover her face and shriek in fake (I hope) pain. I think it was a good thing.

Now the idea of spending an entire class period translating one of my own songs into Japanese could come off as egotistical. I will counter this argument by pointing out that you are reading a website entirely about ME. I am full of it. That's not new. In fact, this lesson only came about because a student asked to translate the song after hearing it during my (required) self-introduction speech. Ergo ego. (That last phrase doesn't make any sense, but I like the sound of it. I might go as far as saying it's my, umm, favorite sound.) Oh! Schnap! He did not! But he did. He definitely did.

1 comment:

JL said...

lo, that is a beautiful sight. what's next? she and dennis?