Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Some closing remarks

I'm leaving Tokyo today, and I'm headed for my host institution in the Yamanashi prefecture by bus. Here are a few things you should know:

1. Last night, the Yamanashi group went out for dinner and karaoke. I literally made it "Suntory time," and I got my whiskey on. There is no tipping in Japan, so the waiters (at least last night) can pull some Houdini action. In the karaoke rooms, there is a phone to order drinks. There was a max per order of four beers, but the waiters seemed to both abide by and break this rule. Remember Sugar Ray? We sang Sugar Ray.

2. The mirror in the bathroom is magical. When you take a hot shower and steam it up, there is a section of the mirror that does not fog. I can look at myself as I exit the shower. Thanks, Japan.

3. The toilet handle is not connected to the toilet. Is the entire bathroom magical?

4. I will miss the ATLiens I have come to know over the past few days. Mr. Tyler (co-conspiritor from the ATL group), we must represent in the nasty 'Nashi.

5. It might be a while before I have consistent internet action again. I apologize for the inconvenience, but please stay tuned.

No comments: